On June 29 2007, the world changed as Apple released its first generation iPhone, from that day on our lives haven’t been the same.
First the communication technology was required prior to the hardware known to us as the “internet” this then allowed hardware to be designed around this technology to allow us to have instant access to information and communication this was and still is the cusp of that change.
The “smartphone” is the 21st centuries product that has radically changed not only the way we live but as a consequence the world.
It has made many ‘things’ obsolete or near obsolete.
- Landline Telephone
- Separate mp3/mp4 player
- Camera even a webcam
- Journal or diary
- Banking (no need to go to a bank, unless you have a physical need)
- Desktop Computer or Laptops
- Physical Books by ebooks/audio books
- Payment (Android Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay etc…)
- Online Shopping (Has allowed people to shop online more frequently or on the go as they now have a device to shop online without being in front of non portable hardware)
- Letters (ok due to email and other technologies may be letters have reduced due to the internet but I do believe they’ve significantly reduced due to smartphones too)
- Payment Gateway – Smartphones can now be used to make transactions as a seller or use simple hardware to allow credit cards to be read/transactions being made.
These are just some of the features that are now incorporated into smartphones.